How do I get my baby to sleep??!?!?
Learn how to sleep train your babies and littles, discover why sleep training works, and determine which method is right for you and your child.
As a Certified Gentle Sleep Consultant, Jen Varela has received training on topics that include:
- Basic counseling and child development
- Sleep science and behavioral modification techniques
- Secure attachment theory
- Support for the breastfeeding mother
What is Gentle Sleep Coaching?
The Gentle Sleep Coach® (GSC) program is the first and most extensive professional sleep coaching certification program available. The program involves more than 80 hours of training, an exam and participation in case supervision with Kim West, LCSW-C (aka The Sleep Lady®) who has been helping tired parents for nearly two decades. Clinical supervision and ongoing advanced training are required to maintain certification as a Gentle Sleep Coach®. Under Kim West’s leadership, Jen’s extensive training also consists of lectures from top specialists, including:
- Postpartum Depression from Shoshana Bennett, author and leading specialist on Postpartum Depression
- Medical Conditions and Sleep Apnea in Children led by Dr. Lewis Kass, Director of Children’s Sleep Center
- Sensory Processing Disorders and Sleep by Jodi Jennings, OTL/R
- In-depth knowledge about the delicate nature of infants under six months of age and how to consider all elements of their wellbeing.
- Current evidence-based guidelines and instruction on how to evaluate the four-month old, five-month old and six-month old child and family and determine if the child is ready for sleep coaching.
- Gentle sleep solutions and strategies that are effective and developmentally appropriate for the younger baby.
Move Play Grow is ecstatic to host Jen and Sugar Night Night.